Myopia Management - Ortho-k for Children
Myopia Control - Reduce the progression of short-sightedness
Ortho-k is fantastic for children. Numerous studies on myopia (short-sightedness) and ortho-k have indicated that these lenses can dramatically slow, even stop, the progression of short-sightedness in children.
Subsequently they can reduce the risk of developing associated problems, such as glaucoma, macular disease and retinal detachment in adulthood.
The improvements vary for each individual child, and the treatment has never been known to exacerbate short-sightedness, making it an excellent and safe option.
Peace of mind for parents
Parents are often faced with fees for frames, replacement specs and spares, none of which are cheap.
Because a child only wears ortho-k lenses when they are indoors, and in bed, there is less likelihood of damage and loss. Parents are free of worry and added expense, and children can get on with, enjoying their childhood!
Who is Ortho-k for?
Ortho-k allows people suffering from myopia, or short-sightedness, to enjoy a life without lenses or specs during the day, whilst enjoying clear, natural, corrected vision.
Ortho-k is available for patients with the following prescription:
- Spherical spectacle prescription of -4.50
- Astigmatism of up to -1.75D
Ortho-k is ideal for:
- People who want clear natural vision all day - every day
- Sporty or active people
- Young people - Ortho-k can help to reduce the progression of shortsightedness
- People who have considered laser surgery but are worried about the risks
- People who find contact lenses uncomfortable or specs inconvenient
Please do contact us for further information. We can arrange for our Ortho–k specialist to give you a call to discuss.